Keeping a home smelling fresh and clean naturally

 Do you have odors that creep up in your apartment?  Maybe even you have kids that do not want to keep their rooms clean.  In any case their seems to be odors that we do not want in our homes.  How do we deal with them?  I have found a few ways to keep my home smelling fresh naturally even with unwanted aromas lurking from neighbors next door. 

  • Purification and Lemon are a powerful combination.  I diffuse 5 to 6 drops of purification and 2 to 3 drops of lemon.  I have found that kills any smell coming in (except strong cigarette smoke). I am going to be perfectly honest.  I am one of those people who have a sniffer that can smell anything for miles.  I don't know if that is a blessing or a curse. 
  • Lemon diffused by itself or with any other oil.  Lemon has a clarifying effect. It can cleanse the air of the unwanted stink you didn't invite.  Also if you do not have any essential oils, you can use a lemon and either cut it up and put it on your counter or simmer it on low with some water.    
  • Vinegar!  Yes, most people do not like the smell of vinegar but if you hate the smell of whatever is lurking from the neighbors even more, you will resort to this method.  I have and it works!  Plus if you hate the smell of freshly cut grass or are allergic to it like I am, then just set out some vinegar in a bowl.  
  • Air cleaners also work, sometimes.  It is tricky to find one that actually does what it says on the label.  So read the reviews and make sure that they actually sell the filters.  I have found some that do not sell the filters and therefore it is a waste of not only your money but the carbon footprint.  I have yet to find one that actually works the way I want it to.  I have recently purchased a Blue Air. I am hoping it will "do what it says in the ads and on the label".
Comment on your experiences with unwanted odors and how you have dealt with them.  I would like to know your ideas.  I would love to know if you have any essential oil combinations that you like to use or any natural products that help you keep your home smelling fresh. I would also like to know if you have any good suggestions on a great air cleaner. Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Oils That Are Good For Your Epilepsy/Seizures

Essential Oils for Anxiety

Is there an Oil for that? Hiccups?