Essential Oils to Avoid if you are Eplipetic

When it comes to my health I don't play around.  That's why I started using essential oils. When I first started using essential oils, one of the things I researched was were there any essential oils that were going to effect my epilepsy.  I came across a lot of different articles and eventually bought the Essential Oils Desk Reference.  I am always cautious though when it comes to seizures so I found more oils on the internet than what was published in the Essential Oils Desk Reference.  If an oil is in one of my favorite blends such as Thieves, I use it sparingly (I would only do this if your seizures are completely under control but I am not a medical professional so I would ask your doctor first).

Oils to Avoid If You Have Epilpesy


  1. Borage
  2. Camphor
  3. Eucalyptus Globus
  4. Foeniclum Vulgare - Fennel*
  5. Oenothera Blennis - Evening Primrose 
  6. Hyssopus Officinalis - Hyssop*
  7. Mentha Pulegium - Pennyroyal
  8. Rosmarinus Offiniclis - Rosemary
  9. Salvia Offoinalis - Sage*
  10. Juiperus Savina - Savin
  11. Lavendula Latfolia - Spike Lavender
  12. John's Wort
  13. Tanacetum Vulgore - Tansy
  14. Thuya Occidentalis - Thuja
  15. Pinus Species - Turentine
  16. Basil*
  17. Idaho Tansy
  18. Wormwood
  19. Wintergreen*
  20. Tarragon*
  21. Spanish Sage*


  Some Young Living blends that contain these oils are:


  • Purification: Citronella, Rosemary, Lemongrass, Tea Tree, Lavandin, Myrtle
  • Thieves:  Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus Radiata, Rosemary
  • DiGize:  Tarragon, Ginger, Peppermint, Fennel, Lemongrass, Anise, Patchouli 
  • M-Grain:  Basil, Marjoram, Lavender, Roman Chamomile, Peppermint, Helichrysum
  • R.C.:  Eucalyptus Globulus, Myrtle, Marjoram, Pine, Eucalyptus Radiata, Eucalyptus Citriodora, Lavender, Cypress, Black Spruce, Peppermint
  • Dragon Time:  Fennel, Clary Sage, Marjoram, Lavender, Yarrow, Jasmine
  • En-R-Gee:  Rosemary, Juniper, Lemongrass, Nutmeg, Balsam Canada (Idaho Balsam Fir), Clove, Black Pepper
Do not let this list sway you from using essential oils.  There are many great essential oils out there that you can benefit from. I would always do research first and ask your doctor if you have a medical condition.
*Oils marked were found in Essential Oils Desk Reference.  The other oils were found on these sites:
http://www.aromatherapyandmassage.com/epilepsy-and-essential-oils.html
http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/PUArticles/ComplementaryCornerDecember2011.htm
http://www.nahfoundation.org/health/medical/altmed/condition/seizure-disorders

This information is not meant to treat, cure, or prevent anything! It is meant to replace the advice of a medical doctor.  If you have any questions, please seek the advice of a physician.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Oils That Are Good For Your Epilepsy/Seizures

Essential Oils for Anxiety

Is there an Oil for that? Hiccups?