Homemade deodorant with essential oils



The reason why I wanted to make my own deodorant is because I wanted to get rid of the toxic deodorant that I was using. So why switch? Have you ever considered what is in your deodorant? Here are the ingredients that was in my old deodorant I got the ingredient list off of a website: 

1. Aluminum zirconium tetrachlorohydrex gly 15.4%
2. elaeis guineensis (palm) kernel oil
3. stearyl alcohol
4. cyclomethicone, 
5. C12-15 alkyl benzoate
6. PPG-14 butyl ether
7. hydrogenated castor oil
8. hydrogenated soybean oil
9. PEG-8 distearate
10. fragrance
11. hydrolyzed corn starch
12. behenyl alcohol. 

https://www.drugs.com/otc/lady-speed-stick-invisible-dry-shower-fresh-antiperspirant-deodorant.html

The skin is the largest organ in the body. I don't know about you but I don't want to be putting toxins on my skin. Knowing all of  these chemicals that were in my old deodorant, I am so glad I switched. With my old deodorant, I used to have to put more deodorant on on some days and when I went to throw it out I felt the smell of it not only give me a headache but it was repulsive. 

Tips: Switching wasn’t that hard. I used a detox Bentonite clay powder (instructions are on the back of how to use) on my pits at least once a week until my body was rid of the toxins. Also I made the switch in the winter so  this is the time when my body doesn’t sweat that much. Also I do a detox Bentonite clay powder when I need it (probably about once a month). Here is a clay mask that I use: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013PZECYG/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here are some toxic ingredients you should look for that could be harmful to you. Toxic ingredients to be on the lookout for that may be found in your deodorant are: 

1. Parabens
2. Aluminum compounds
3. Silica
4. Triclosan
5. Talc
6. Propylene Gylcol
7. Steareth-n
8. Fragrances 

https://www.organics.org/7-harmful-ingredients-in-your-deodorant/


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Oils That Are Good For Your Epilepsy/Seizures

Essential Oils for Anxiety

Is there an Oil for that? Hiccups?